Sunday, September 4, 2011

Election day, Schwerin.

Today we spent the day in Schwerin. We engage in our new routine of coffee and cake in the many cafés to be found in any German town. Our guides then lead us to climb another church tower. Two churches in two days, I've officially been in more churches in Europe than I have in Canada.
Next was Schwerin Castle where we toured the lavish appearing castle. I say appearing because apparently much of the gold mouldings and decoration were actually gold-leafed paper-mâché. After that, you probably guessed it, more coffee and cake in the castle café.
As we walked the castle grounds, Klaus and I were compelled to take more photos of the beautiful statues that were displayed upon pedestals throughout the garden.

2011-09-04-145

2011-09-04-146

2011-09-04-150

2011-09-04-149
We finished the day at a nice little Italian place where, as we entered, were swept up with a crowd of photographers trying to catch an image of the losing candidate. With my camera already in hand, I decided to join the paparazzi and snapped some photos of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment